2. Information CollectedAt CodeClerks, we collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personally identifiable (“Non-PII”) information from you. Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify you personally. Non-personally identifiable information is information that must be combined with other information to identify you personally.
Personally Identifiable Information CollectedYou will not be required to provide us any information when you visit our Platform. However, in order to fully use our Platform, we may collect PII such as your name, address, email , and telephone number. Additionally, if you wish to make a purchase we may collect your payment information which is stored and secured using PCI/DSS compliant hosting. If you are a Seller as defined by our Terms of Service, in addition to the PII collected we may also collect your business information.
Non-Identifying InformationWhenever you use our website, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address,location, age, zip code, gender, browsing history, search history, and registration history, interactions with the website, location, referring URL, browser, operating system, data usage, data transferred, and Internet Service Provider. As we value your privacy, only anonymized interactions will be collected through the Platform. We may also collect information including but not limited to postings you make on the public areas of our website, messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or postings.
3. Use of Your InformationSome of your information will be visible to other users of the Platform to facilitate communication between users. We will never sell your information without your permission; however you agree that we may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide services to you and to operate the CodeClerks Platform.
- To enhance or improve our users’ experiences.
- To contact you via email, text, or electronic communications regarding or related to the CodeClerks Platform.
- To share with other users.
- To process your transactions.
- To share your information with third party partners or third parties hired by us to perform functions and provide services to us on the condition that the third parties use your information only on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions.
4. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your InformationYou will be able to access any information contained in your account through our Platform. You may edit that information by removing or changing the information listed in your account. If you have any questions or wish to review, change, or access any of your information collected by us, please contact us at email@example.com. Additionally, if you wish to opt out of our data collection practices or would like us to remove any of your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After you have cancelled your account please be aware that we may keep inaccessible copies of your information subject to our data retention policies.
6. Third Party Access to Your InformationAlthough you are entering into an Agreement with CodeClerks to disclose your information to us, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, and others to allow you to access the Platform.
8. Opt Out of Commercial, Non-Commercial Communications and Do Not TrackIf you decide to provide us with your contact information, you agree that we may send you communications via text and emails. However, you may unsubscribe from certain communications by notifying CodeClerks that you no longer wish to receive these communications, we will endeavor to promptly remove you from our Platform once we have received that request. We currently do not offer functionality for you to opt out through “do not track” listings. If you wish to opt out of certain communications or information collection, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Third PartiesCodeClerks or other users may post links to third party websites on Platform, which may include information that we have no control over. When accessing a third party site through our Platform, you acknowledge that you are aware that these third party websites are not screened for privacy or security issues by us, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
10. Security MeasuresWe make reasonable attempts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards. For this reason we use SSL certificates, PCI/DSS compliant hosting, and vulnerability scanning to enhance our Platform security. However, as this is the Internet, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. For this reason, we recommend that you use anti-virus software, routine credit checks, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
12. Age ComplianceWe intend to fully comply with American and international laws respecting children’s privacy including COPPA. Therefore, we do not collect or process any information for any persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18 and using our Platform, please stop immediately and do not submit any information to us. In the event that we have inadvertently collected any information from users under the age of 18 please contact us immediately.
14. Merger and AcquisitionIn the event that CodeClerks is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Please be aware that once the information is transferred your privacy rights may change.
Last Modified: March 31, 2016